Find out the requirements to become a member of the ID Card Program.
Important delivery information
Printed ID Card is not available for agents outside of Canada and the US starting Nov 2020. The digital ID Card is accessible to all cardholders on the AgentExperience app.
For agents based in the US, please visit the IATAN site.
In order to obtain an IATA/IATAN ID Card, applicants must be working at a travel agency with a valid IATA Code and fulfil the following ID Card eligibility criteria. Some agencies may choose to have additional requirements such as a probationary period or working hours, kindly consult with your agency before submitting the online application.
- Travel agency's Sole Owner, Partners, Stockholders, Shareholders (must own at least 20% of the company shares and be listed in IATA Agency records)
- Directors, Managers, Employees, or any person holding a remunerated position involving the administration, marketing, finance, operations, and/or sale of travel
- Independent Consultants - a person working for a travel agency pursuant to a written contract or agreement in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- The applicant must have a remunerated position at the travel agency
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- The applicant must work at least 20 hours a week for the travel agency
- Canadian applicants must earn at least CAD5,000 (salary and/or commission) in the past 24 months of the ID Card Application
Note: Cargo, MSO, GSA, TRUE and Travelsellers.com locations are not eligible for IATA/IATAN ID Card
Proof of employment is required for every applicant except Sole Owner, Partners, Stockholders, Shareholders. Please ensure the proof of employment must be in PDF format and dated no longer than 3-month from the date of application.
- False declaration in the ID Card Application will lead to blacklisting and cancellation of any previous cards
- ID Card Applications must be completed with a valid and unique email address
- Only one ID Card is issued to eligible persons. Upon IATA approval, a cardholder may be eligible for more than one ID Card under a different IATA or TIDS Code in another country