3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This 3-day course is designed for airlines and their business partners. It provides a review of the Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) rationale, concepts, structure and methodology. The AIDM enables the generation of interoperable and easy to use messaging standards, with consistent definitions and format of data exchanges and faster time to market for new or changed data exchange standards. AIDM is an integrated living model, developed with SPARX Systems Enterprise Architect (EA), a powerful visual modeling platform. In AIDM, all information is stored in one repository. Users of the model can view, extend and adapt definitions contained in the model. You will learn how to navigate the AIDM and find parts of the model you can leverage for designing and implementing your companies’ IT systems or data exchange components, as well as how to influence and tune AIDM repository contents and messaging standards generated.
Course Code: TALF-97
- Participants will be required to complete the AIDM Introduction self-study module. Experience in UML modelling and data modelling is recommended.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Review the governance and benefits of AIDM
- Describe the organization structure and partitioning of the AIDM and message schema generation tools
- Navigate the AIDM and find existing models
- Leverage the AIDM to expedite the redesign of your company’s IT systems to implement effective internal and b2b data exchanges
- Explain the tasks and deliverables in the development of new industry messaging standards
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- AIDM overview
- Why AIDM and who’s using it?
- AIDM methodology
- AIDM business contents and navigation
- Change request process overview
- Navigating and modeling the AIDM by pillar and partition
- Model changes around a practical business scenario
- Group exercises
This course is recommended for:
- Business analysts, information architects, data architects, IT system or integration developers, software engineers in Airlines, Airports, Air Traffic Managers,Travel Agents, Ground Handlers, IT Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.