Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) Methodology and Tool (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
5-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Learn Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) rationale, concepts, structure and methodology. The AIDM enables the generation of interoperable and easy to use messaging standards, with consistent definitions and format of data exchanges and faster time to market for new or changed data exchange standards. AIDM is an integrated living model, developed with SPARX Systems Enterprise Architect (EA), a powerful visual modeling platform. In AIDM, all information is stored in one repository. Users of the model can view, extend and adapt definitions contained in the model. You will learn how to navigate the AIDM and find parts of the model you can leverage for designing and implementing your companies’ IT systems or data exchange components, as well as how to influence and tune AIDM repository contents and messaging standards generated.
Course Code: TALF-97-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 60 minutes. On the last day, there wlll be only 1 session of 60 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants will be required to complete the AIDM Introduction self-study module. Experience in UML modelling and data modelling is recommended.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT PRICE for SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER SESSIONS
Please note that the price below has been updated to reflect this discount
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Review the governance and benefits of AIDM
- Describe the organization structure and partitioning of the AIDM and message schema generation tools
- Navigate the AIDM and find existing models
- Leverage the AIDM to expedite the redesign of your company’s IT systems to implement effective internal and b2b data exchanges
- Explain the tasks and deliverables in the development of new industry messaging standards
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- AIDM overview
- Why AIDM and who’s using it?
- AIDM methodology
- AIDM business contents and navigation
- Change request process overview
- Navigating and modeling the AIDM by pillar and partition
- Model changes around a practical business
- Group exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines, Airports, Air Traffic Managers
- Travel Agents, Ground Handlers, IT Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.