Air Transport Fundamentals (partner-taught or self-study)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 339 participants from 59 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
45-hour partner-taught or self-study course
This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.
Course code: TCVG-27
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 45 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Overview of the air transport system
- Aviation law
- Role and function of world aviation organizations
- Role and function of civil aviation authorities (CAAs)
- Role and function of airlines
- Role and function of airports
- Role and function of air navigation service (ANS) providers
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- The future of air transportation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the information about Online Exams with Remote Supervision (OERS), and check the Course Edition List for Exams (pdf) when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2