Air Transport Fundamentals (partner-taught or self-study)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 339 participants from 59 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.
Course code: TCVG-27
- This course is available in e-book format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Overview of the air transport system
- Aviation law
- Role and function of world aviation organizations
- Role and function of civil aviation authorities (CAAs)
- Role and function of airlines
- Role and function of airports
- Role and function of air navigation service (ANS) providers
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- The future of air transportation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple choice questions. Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Fundamentals Diploma
This self-study diploma will provide new graduates looking to join the air transport industry or professionals looking to move into the industry, with a solid understanding of the industry. Learn about the history of aviation, its different components and interdependencies among: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services that needs to work in harmony in order to ensure safety and efficiency. You will also discover proficient and effective ways of increasing sales and revenue with the right marketing strategy.