Airline Cabin Crew Training
Working as cabin crew for a major airline is an exciting and challenging experience. In addition to jetting off to exotic destinations, the job also requires a high degree of responsibility and specialization to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers in line with industry regulations.
This course is ideal for young professionals looking to get a head start in the profession, introducing the skills and responsibilities expected by the world’s leading airlines. Special emphasis is given to customer service and procedures for handling unusual situations during flight, with the final module of the course giving useful tips for completing the recruitment process.
This course also includes a safety equipment procedure (SEP) trainer providing an overview of the aircraft, safety
equipment and location of emergency procedures accessible via web or mobile.
Course Code: TALG-51
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 415 (eBook) / USD 440 (printed)
USD 490 (eBook) / USD 515 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand the cabin crew profession, its origins
and current practices
- Identify aircraft types and relevant cabin crew
- Manage passenger interactions in a variety of
- Recall emergency and safety procedures
- Introduction to the airline industry and aircraft
Crew member coordination and communication
Customer service and managing passenger interactions
Safety and emergency procedures (with virtual
cabin walkthrough – narrow and wide body
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aspiring cabin crew members
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2