Airport Ramp Services
The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp. Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp. Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
Course Code: TAPP-51
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 44 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 470 (eBook) / USD 495 (printed)
USD 555 (eBook) / USD 580 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
Cleaning, catering and other services
Ground service equipment
Standard operating procedures
Ramp security awareness
Future developments in the sector of ramp services
This course covers the many aspects of below the wing operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Therefore, the IGOM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Airport Ramp Services course textbook
- The latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license)
*Please check the system requirements and technical specifications
for the installation of the IGOM
The IGOM software MS WINDOWS® download* (single user license) represents a value of $141 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: