Airport Ramp Services with IGOM (partner-taught or self-study)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 455 participants from 47 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
40-hour partner-taught or self-study course
The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp. Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp. Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
Course Code: TAPP-51
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 40 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 470 (e-book) / USD 495 (printed)
USD 555 (e-book) / USD 580 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
Cleaning, catering and other services
Ground service equipment
Standard operating procedures
Ramp security awareness
Future developments in the sector of ramp services
This course covers the many aspects of below the wing operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Therefore, the IGOM has been included in the study kit, as it is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The study kit includes:
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airport Operations Foundation Diploma (self-study)
This Diploma is designed to address the audience of prospective Airport and Ground Operations professionals. The variety of available courses gives the opportunity to identify the key areas required to be able to perform task safely and efficiently.