Aviation Systems and Accountable Management - University of St. Gallen (classroom)
About the course
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system, illustrating the interdependence between its key stakeholders: airlines, airports, service providers, civil aviation authorities and the ecosystem’s supply chain. Over 5 days you will review aviation-related businesses and organizations, their role and function in the air transportation system. You will explore the complex system which is required in order to carry passengers and goods from A to B, and the organizations, people and technologies that make the air transport industry safe and sustainable. You will also explore the issues driving the aviation business and learn to recognize factors of successful performance.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALL-35
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize how different stakeholders are integrated into the aviation ecosystem
- Distinguish between the different roles as a postholder in an aviation organization
- Describe the demand from a consumer / customer value point of view
- Interact with authorities by applying aviation governance principles
- Demonstrate first knowledge of interdisciplinary approach to manage an aviation business
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation system
- Authorities and regulations
- Demand and forecasts
- Customer management
- Quality and safety
- Group exercises
- Tools and templates
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Accountable Managers and Postholders
- Key Account, Project, Product Managers
- Risk Managers, Controllers, Regulators
- Cockpit and Cabin Crew
A CFAC-UNISG Confirmation of
Attendance is awarded upon successful completion of the course and assessment
(required for DAS Program).
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA - University of St Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Air Transport Management
The diploma encompasses 12 courses, which will enable you to explore and analyze topics in-depth, ranging from aviation systems and revenue management to sustainability and change management.