Strategy and Business Models - University of St. Gallen (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course will help you to test your management skills and strategic thinking. Over 3 days you will explore the benefits of different network types as well as the different definitions of business models. You will learn to look at business models from different angles based on different factors, and how to create business model innovation processes. The course provides a combination of lectures (Business Model Innovation), various strategy theories using customized case studies and exercises so that you will be able to create scenarios and apply them in an aviation context.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALL-37
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the network strategy in aviation and airline business models
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and their application in practice
- Recognize business models and their relevance
- Interact with your ecosystem while (re-)thinking concepts and implementations
- Distinguish between the different dimensions of business models
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Network theory
- Strategic networks
- Strategic thinking and management
- Business model frameworks
- Business model applications
- Business models in Aviation
- Exercises and reflections
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Key Account, Project, Product Managers
- Risk Managers, Controllers, Regulators
- Cockpit and Cabin Crew
A CFAC-UNISG Confirmation of
Attendance is awarded upon successful completion of the course and assessment
(required for DAS Program).
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA - University of St Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Air Transport Management
The diploma encompasses 12 courses, which will enable you to explore and analyze topics in-depth, ranging from aviation systems and revenue management to sustainability and change management.