Regulatory and Operational Management of the CAA – Part 2 (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 115 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (30 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This is the second part of the of the Regulatory and Operational Management of the CAA course, which will allow you to develop a complete knowledge of the system and its key aspects. The civil aviation system is an inherently multidisciplinary field, where regulatory, technical and organizational knowledge skills are needed to face both normal operation and developmental programs. Over 5-days you will follow a structured theoretical approach that provides the background and world’s best practices for managing the regulatory and operational aspects of Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA) responsibilities.
Course code: TCVG-06-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 30 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 240 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the regulatory framework and strategies used by CAAs to manage Safety according to international requirements and standards
- Explain the background and international provisions and best practices employed by CAA to safely, securely and efficiently manage air operations and aerodromes certification
- Analyse strategies on fees, charges and pricing economic regulation of airlines, airports and ANSPs and commercialization, privatization and other PPP approaches in line with international guidelines
- Describe the common concerns and key trends to cope with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) / Remotely Piloted Aircraft System operations (RPAS)
- Identify the essentials and international framework of air navigation CAA’s responsibilities
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety – SSP and SMS
- Service providers certification
- Aviation economic regulation
- Pricing and aviation fees and charges
- Commercialization, PPP and privatization
- Security and facilitation
- Air navigation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Senior and middle aviation professionals and managers from CAAs
- Individuals aspiring to management responsibilities in CAAs
- Individuals from airlines, aerodrome operators, ANSP and other service providers that regularly deal with CAA as regulator.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Civil Aviation Management Diploma
Strengthen your management skills and strategies to use in your civil aviation authority.