Cargo Business Strategy and Planning Management (Classroom, 4 days)
A strategy is a plan of action for an organization to follow in order to achieve a long-term business goal. With a clear strategy, an organization can gain advantages by focusing its direction and refining its scope in an ever-changing environment. It can do this through the configuration of resources and competences to fulfil shareholder expectations. This course will introduce you to new managerial perspectives and show you how to create strategic pillars, develop encouraging business strategies and materialize plans with accuracy, while working towards a common strategic goal.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGG-26
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo business
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop creative innovation processes for developing and building future business strategies and strategic pillars in air cargo growth.
- Assimilate a structured, high-level, but potentially out-of-the-box thinking-approach to initiate a planning process
- Understand the importance of monitoring tools and how to keep focus on ROI (return on investment)
- Recognize different improvement processes and tools to drive your business strategy
- Understand the managerial methodology and basics of product positioning
- Appreciate the importance of a pricing strategy and the need for a secondary pricing strategy
- Drivers and constraints in company growth and in air cargo
- Concept frameworks to set strategies
- Fundamentals of business strategies
- Terminology, planning cycles, responsibilities
- Effective, strategic decision-making processes, and goal and target setting
- From planning, to action, to contribution
- Performance and productivity monitoring
- Fundamentals of product positioning and strategies
- Analyzing the size and composition of your target market
- Pricing strategy and tools, and right time to review pricing
- Product price
- Business simulation game
- Case study and group presentation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: