Cargo Leadership Development Program with Harvard Business Publishing
About the diploma
6 courses and 10 Harvard ManageMentor modules to be completed in 3 years
This program comprises cargo training through IATA courses and management skills through Harvard
ManageMentor® (HMM) modules.
Today’s managers and business leaders need to be equipped with the skills and behaviors required to achieve
key commercial objectives. This advanced program will provide you with an in-depth exploration of the
fundamentals of cargo airline business strategy, methodology and business development tools. The
combination of IATA courses and HMM modules are designed to balance theory and practical application, and
to equip you with critical competencies in cargo airline business management.
What you will learn
Upon completion of Cargo training courses through IATA you will be able to:
- Understand the competitive forces that influence corporate success
- Identify which departments are critical and how they interact within an organization
- Develop crucial skills needed to lead cross-functional and multicultural teams
- Practice advanced strategic and managerial skills
- Recognize the leadership needed to monitor and evaluate an organizations performance
- Analyze the key elements of contribution management and KPI
- Understand effective marketing strategies to exceed customers’ expectations
- Segment your target markets and develop a long-term relationship with your customers
- Explore the latest commercial trends and which factors to consider when creating your strategy
- Master the sales process, negotiate and close complex sales deals
Upon completion of Management courses through HMM modules you will be able to:
- Drive business transformation and keep up with fast-changing market conditions
- Use leadership development as a catalyst to achieve business goals and exceed new learner expectations
- Build a leadership pipeline and bench strength by helping managers apply new skills faster
- Deliver a consistent approach to leadership development to a globally dispersed workforce
Who should attend
- Cargo airline management level, high potentials and future leaders
- Functional managers who have recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
- Executives willing to enhance and refresh their managerial knowledge and skills
Choose how you would like to purchase the diploma:
- Purchase the full diploma package in a single transaction, at a reduced price.
- Purchase the courses individually by clicking on each course listed below.
How to obtain your diploma
A passing mark of 70% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
- Complete all 6 Required and and at least 10 Harvard ManageMentor modules that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
Purchase the full diploma package
Take advantage of the diploma discount when you purchase the full diploma package (7 courses) in a single transaction.
When you click the Buy Now button, you will be directed to log in to your Training Account. Please have your login details ready.
Once payment has been received in full, you will be able to find your courses in your IATA Training account.
Purchase the courses individually
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
Cargo Business Intelligence (BI) and Competition Analysis (classroom)
Learn about factors that impact performance in the industry, effective decision-making using market research and analysis to increase market share
Cargo Business Strategy and Planning Management (classroom)
Learn new managerial perspectives including strategic pillars, business strategies and plans with accuracy, while working towards a common strategic goal.
Cargo Marketing and Advertising (classroom)
Examine cargo demand and create marketing solutions for your target market; strategize creative and cost-effective marketing.
Cargo Revenue Management with Optimization Simulations (classroom)
Manage sales, pricing, inventory and systems to capture revenue opportunities and remain competitive.
Cargo Route Development Optimization (classroom)
Be empowered to make rapid decisions on whether to alter, supplement or exclude routes from your network or schedule.
Cargo Sales and Key Account Management (classroom)
Gain a wide range of tools and techniques to develop a strategic sales plan in a competitive air cargo industry.
Harvard ManageMentor for IATA Students and Graduates (partner-taught or self-study)
The HMM© training program delivers critical leadership and management skills when you need them most.