Change Management with Interactive Simulation - University of St Gallen (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
4-day (32 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This interactive course uses a change management simulation to help you learn through serious play, how to effectively lead and manage important organizational changes through proven methodology and experiential exercises. You will discover why, in order to change people’s behavior, you must first influence their hearts, their minds and their environment. Cultural resistance and skills silos create weak-points and bottlenecks within an organization. The main way to achieve effective organizational resilience to change is through engaged and aligned employees and leadership. A transformational leadership culture is the ability to lead people through change and achieve bottom-up engagement. Research from McKinsey and Company shows that 70% of all transformations fail or do not achieve their desired objectives. In many situations of change, tremendous focus is put on processes, tools and systems, while the people’s behavior aspect is left aside or is considered as an afterthought.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALH-11-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- The course will take you approximately 32 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants are required to complete a questionnaire prior to the course describing their change project or issue, its impact and status.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop a transformational change strategy focusing on the people side of change
- Work with a simulation to identify key issues, create and implement a change plan
- Create buy-in and engagement for change readiness
- Develop a personalized change leadership development plan
- Obtain coaching on your change leadership style and strategy
- Recognize and adopt leadership behaviors to sustain and build change capabilities
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Characteristics of effective change teams
- Define the characteristics of a transformational change leader
- Coaching and personalized development plans
- Building a case for change
- Leveraging resistance to change
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers, HR managers
- Project Managers
- Organizational Development Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA - University of St Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Air Transport Management
The diploma encompasses 12 courses, which will enable you to explore and analyze topics in-depth, ranging from aviation systems and revenue management to sustainability and change management.