Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Category 3 for the Leadership & Management Training Program Course
This course is designed for freight forwarder staff who either have no prior DGR training or who have not updated their training during the past 24 months. This course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and qualifies you to handle and process dangerous goods for carriage of by air for a 24-month period. You can renew your qualification before its expiration date with the relevant recurrent training course.
This training program combines IATA's trusted IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development. This unique program can give you a competitive advantage in the cargo industry. In addition to your IATA DGR category 3 certificate and applicable HMM certificates you will be awarded with the Leadership & Management Diploma.
The new edition (62) of the DGR publication will be released on 17 November 2020. If you purchase this course before 17 November 2020 you will receive the current DGR edition (61) and be solely responsible for acquiring the edition 62 at the IATA Online Store for your exam in 2021.
Course code: TCGP-13-HMMD
Course formatIATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Category 3 course
- The IATA course requires approximately 35-45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- This course is available in textbook format. Enrol at an Accredited Training School to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
- Enrollment fees include both the IATA course and access to the HMM© platform.
- Upon payment, you will receive access to all HMM© content for a six-month period.
- If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account . Please have your login details ready.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 1,000 (printed)
USD 1,150 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the IATA DGR to common work situations
- Understand related legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents, and airlines
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and their DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for dangerous goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged package is discovered
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Category 3 course
- Contents of the IATA DGR
- Dangerous goods classes and divisions
- Packing, marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
The training kit includes:
- Course Guide
- The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
- IATA Dangerous Goods Training Program, Book 1
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
- Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
- Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
- Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
- Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
- Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Important Note: The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) publication is updated at the beginning of every year and exams are based on the most recent edition. Students are solely responsible for acquiring the latest edition for their exam (this can be purchased from the IATA Online Store).
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
- Freight Forwarder staff preparing DG / HAZMAT shipments
- IATA Accredited Cargo Agents
- Personnel acting on behalf the operator in processing dangerous goods
- An IATA Certificate of Completion (DGR category 3) is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Subjective-type questions. Closed Text Book, the current edition of the DGR Manual is required during the exam.
- Number of questions: 20 (total of 100 marks)
- Time Allowance: 3.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 80 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: