Did you know that in the past 1 years, 8 participants from 2 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course is recommended for 'Personnel Responsible for Processing Dangerous Goods Consignments' as per IATA's DGR - section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.3 in IATA's 'Dangerous Goods Training Guidance'. | Previously covered under category 3.
Find out more about the CBTA approach, current courses and previous corresponding categories.
Ensure compliance with all safety and recurrent regulatory requirements and continue to process dangerous goods consignments for transportation by air with complete confidence. This course offers you the opportunity to be with other experienced dangerous goods professionals as you refresh your knowledge and skills. IATA’s experienced instructors facilitate your learning experience while you build on your existing expertize to interpret the technical nuances of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) and apply them correctly. Stay up to date with the latest changes to the IATA DGR. Be among the first to develop competencies commensurate with your job functions and responsibilities as required by the latest Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) framework. This course offers focused training and assessment essential for your organization to fulfil its responsibility towards ensuring a competent, well- trained workforce.
Course Code: TCGG-64
- Participants must hold a valid Dangerous Goods Regulations for accepting and/or processing personnel certificate (or equivalent Category 3) for the entire duration of the course they attend. If your certificate is older than 2 years, please register for the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Processing DG Consignments - Initial course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Fulfil the regulatory compliance requirements for revalidation and keep your certification current
- Continue to perform tasks involved in processing dangerous goods consignments correctly
- Apply the significant changes and amendments to IATA’s DGR manual to process dangerous goods consignments accurately
- Discuss the legal responsibilities of stakeholders involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Significant changes and amendments to the latest edition of the IATA DGR
- Legal responsibilities of key stakeholders
- Revising the application of relevant sections of the current IATA DGR
- Importance of accurate identification and classification of dangerous goods
- Safety implications of packaging types and net quantity limitations
- End-to-end communication of hazards and handling requirements using correct marks and labels
- Radioactive material transportation
- Impact of State and Operator variations on dangerous goods acceptance
- Exercises and case studies; practical exercises based on simulated scenarios
- Final Assessment (theoretical/practical)
- Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual, PLACI manual, and Cargo XML toolkit in e-book format. These are indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
- IATA’s DG Compass 3-D Simulation Practice for Acceptance Personnel is included as part of this course.
This course is recommended for:
- Personnel working for cargo agents, consolidators and freight forwarders who are responsible for processing dangerous goods consignments from shippers to airlines
- IATA Cargo agent applicants willing to fulfill the training requirements for DGR
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This certificate is valid for 24 months.