Did you know that in the past 5 years, 592 participants from 22 countries have taken this course with IATA?
60-hour partner-taught or self-study course
This interactive e-learning course will teach you how to price journeys for all types of fares using the Galileo Global Distribution Systems (GDS). You will have hands-on practice working in a highly realistic simulated environment using the Global Distribution Systems (GDS) simulation tool. This interactive scenario-driven course will allow you to make simulated GDS entries and retrieve bookings, display, and interpret rules, search for and quote fares, store fares and issue tickets. The simulation training is supported by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
Course Code: TTTG-28
- This is a self-study course, which will take you approximately 60 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in an interactive e-learning format.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course. You have a maximum of 100 login hours to complete the course study. After the enrolment validity expires, or the 100 login hours are consumed, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires (or after 100 login hours) you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Price and ticket airline journeys
- Identify how a fare is applied to the journey
- Read, interpret, and apply routing fare rules
- Retrieve and interpret fare quotes, rules and tickets
- Issue tickets
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Fare selection process
- Journey types
- Pricing units versus fare components
- Reading rules to quote penalties and understand fare conditions
- Mileage fares and principles
- Reading fare calculation lines
- IATA definitions and resolutions
This course is recommended for:
- Reservation and ticketing desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and call center agents
- Any travel and airline professional involved in issuing air tickets
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants who successfully pass the final exam.
Please read the information about Online Exams with Remote Supervision (OERS), and check the Course Edition List for Exams (pdf) when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book.
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2