2-day (16 hours) classroom course
In the effort to provide passengers with greater control of their travel and reduced queueing time, self-service solutions have long been offered with the collaboration of airports and airlines. Fast Travel is a key initiative of the Simplifying the Business (StB) program whose objective is to address future passenger needs by providing them with self-service options across the travel journey. From check-in to automated document check, baggage drop-off, flight re-booking, and self-boarding to name a few, this course will provide you with the necessary information and skills to carry out your transformational projects through industry-recommended practices and an in-depth understanding of successful Fast Travel implementations.
Course code: TALG-92
- Participants should have good knowledge of passenger handling processes.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify priorities, and key stakeholders to engage, in the implementation process
- Describe the implementation process and considerations to mitigate risks
- Apply an integrated approach to developing your implementation roadmap
- Develop a business case for implementing Fast Travel (self-service) solutions for a seamless travel experience
- Identify the latest technologies that will impact traveler touchpoints
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Relevant Resolutions and Recommended Practices
- Self-service technologies and trends
- Regulatory considerations to implementation
- Integrated approach to implementing solutions
- Use cases, lessons learned from implementations
- Case studies
- Group exercise
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger experience managers
- Airport passenger experience managers
- Regulators / Authorities
- Airport infrastructure managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.