4-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
about the tools, processes and best practices you will need to conduct an
effective remote or blended “hybrid oversight” to drive continuous improvement
within your organization. Choosing the right oversight or monitoring approach
can have a substantial benefit in reducing costs for the responsible
organization where technology plays a key role in allowing us to perform
critical functions remotely. This is
especially important during times of disruption such as the recent pandemic or
an environmental event.
Course Code: TALS-81-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants will be required
to have prior auditing experience. Students that do not have auditing
experience, should attend the IATA Aviation
Internal Auditor course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify reasons why you would opt either for a remote, on-site or hybrid oversight
Explore the challenges and benefits of using various approaches
Examine the different technological platforms that are currently available to streamline your oversights
Define the meaning of “hybrid” oversight and understand how this approach can be implemented as an effective monitoring approach
Demonstrate how to develop a plan and deliver an effective virtual oversight /hybrid oversight
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Review the importance of the oversight process
- Examine the pros and cons of different approaches
- Explore the use of technological platforms in conducting oversight remotely
- Describe the elements required to plan and execute a remote oversight plan
- Conduct an audit simulation
Analyze what is a “hybrid” oversight and how it can be effectively deployed
This course is recommended for:
- Staff from all aviation sectors
- Quality, safety and operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.