Lithium Battery Logistics Safety Management (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course is aimed at key personal working with lithium batteries in the air industry who are engaged in defining quality and safety management systems around the air transport and handling of lithium batteries. Over three days you will explore IATA’s Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) and learn how to use the CEIV Lithium Battery audit checklist to ensure the safe transportation and handling of lithium batteries.
Course code: CELB-02
should have knowledge and experience in dangerous goods and safety operations,
or cargo operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe IATA’s Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) and applicable legislation
- Enhance the safe transport and handling of lithium batteries
- Discuss the importance of conducting safety risk assessments
- Use the CEIV Lithium Battery audit checklist
- Implement continuous improvement
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- How to use IATA’s LBSR
- Government regulations
- Shipper’s, forwarders and airline’s responsibilities
- Documentation, labelling and marking
- Lithium battery handling procedures
- Reporting of incidents/occurrences
- LiBa Safety Risk Assessment
- CEIV LiBa audit checklist
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety/Quality Managers
- Airlines, Ground Handlers and Freight forwarders
- Warehouse and Operations Managers
- Shippers and trucking companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Please note: This certificate is valid for 24 months.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma