Lithium Battery Logistics Safety Management (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
3-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course is aimed at key personal working with lithium batteries in the air industry who are engaged in defining quality and safety management systems around the air transport and handling of lithium batteries. Over three days you will explore IATA’s Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) and learn how to use the CEIV Lithium Battery audit checklist to ensure the safe transportation and handling of lithium batteries.
Course Code: CELB-02-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 150 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo logistics or passenger procedures; Dangerous goods general guidelines; Quality Management Systems (QMS); Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
6 - 8 September, 2022
Register before 06 Jun, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 23 Aug
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149053
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
10:30-13:00 & 14:00-16:30 Miami/Montreal
16:30-19:00 & 20:00-22:30 Geneva/Paris
18:30-21:00 & 22:00-0:30 Dubai
14:30-17:00 & 18:00-20:30 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe IATA’s Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) and applicable legislation
- Enhance the safe transport and handling of lithium batteries
- Discuss the importance of conducting safety risk assessments
- Use the CEIV Lithium Battery audit checklist
- Implement continuous improvement
- How to use IATA’s LBSR
- Government regulations
- Shipper’s, forwarders and airline’s responsibilities
- Documentation, labelling and marking
- Lithium battery handling procedures
- Reporting of incidents/occurrences
- LiBa Safety Risk Assessment
- CEIV LiBa audit checklist
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest Lithium Battery Safety Regulations (LBSR) manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety/Quality Managers
- Airlines, Ground Handlers and Freight forwarders
- Warehouse and Operations Managers
- Shippers and trucking companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.