Network, Fleet and Schedule Planning - University of St Gallen
Contribute to your company’s success by learning how to develop and optimize a route network, select, acquire and manage the optimum fleet and create a competitive flight schedule. In this course, you will expand your planning and management skills and better understand the different processes and interactions required to be profitable or deal with market fluctuations.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALM-61
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Canada, Montreal (USG-IATA)
23 - 26 May, 2022
Please register by 02 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 149733
Geneva Training Center information
For more information, please contact:
Dr. René Puls
Program Manager Global Air Transport Management
Center for Aviation Competence (University of St. Gallen)
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Phone: +41 71 224 73 46
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Implement successful network, fleet and scheduling strategies and tactics
- Use KPI’s to monitor the performance of an airline
- Make effective network and fleet choices
- Create a schedule aligned with the airlines‘ strategy
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Airline planning process
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Passenger flows: point-to-point vs origin - destination
- Drivers in network and fleet optimization
- Route and aircraft evaluation
- Schedule design and planning
- Scenario planning using the new Next Generation simulation software
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Network, fleet and schedule planning staff
- Airline relations managers at airports
- Sales and marketing staff at aircraft manufacturers
- Government policy makers and regulators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: