NOTAM Origination for Airports (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
2-day (16 hours) classroom course
This course is specifically designed and optimized for the needs of airport personnel being designated as NOTAM initiators. Airport personnel to be designated as Notice-To-Airmen (NOTAM) originators need to be familiar with the basics of the international Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) and the provisions regulating the initiation and issuing NOTAMs. It provides the necessary understanding of AIS and the detailed knowledge needed to take the role of NOTAM initiator, effectively and safely, meeting the expectations of regulators. EASA AMC1 ADR.OPS.A.057 requires aerodrome personnel involved in NOTAM initiation to receive training to facilitate the correct and timely initiation of NOTAM concerning their aerodrome operations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPP-63
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have knowledge of airport operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Summarize how the international and local AIS works
- Give examples of the NOTAM system
- Identify the criteria on which the issuance or non-issuance of NOTAM are based
- Recognize the content of NOTAM and the language to be used
- Review your own organization with a view to ensuring that NOTAM relevant information is properly promulgated
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) basics
- The move from a package-oriented system to a data-oriented one
- The AIRAC system
- Aeronautical data quality requirements
- Types, format and content of NOTAM
- Decision making process for NOTAM initiation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aerodrome personnel designated as NOTAM initiators
- Managers responsible for designating aerodrome NOTAM initiators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.