NOTAM Origination for Airports (LIVE Virtual Classroom)
About the course
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course is specifically designed and optimized for the needs of airport personnel being designated as NOTAM initiators. Airport personnel to be designated as Notice-To-Airmen (NOTAM) originators need to be familiar with the basics of the international Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) and the provisions regulating the initiation and issuing NOTAMs. It provides the necessary understanding of AIS and the detailed knowledge needed to take the role of NOTAM initiator, effectively and safely, meeting the expectations of regulators. EASA AMC1 ADR.OPS.A.057 requires aerodrome personnel involved in NOTAM initiation to receive training to facilitate the correct and timely initiation of NOTAM concerning their aerodrome operations.
Course Code: TAPP-63-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport operations.
- Recommended level is Intermdieate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
7 - 9 November, 2023
Register before Aug 07, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 17 Oct
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 184912
2 daily LIVE sessions:
10:00-12:00 & 13:00-15:00 Geneva/Paris
17:00-19:00 & 20:00-22:00 Beijing/Singapore
13:00-15:00 & 16:00-18:00 Dubai
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 UTC
Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Summarize how the international and local AIS works
- Give examples of the NOTAM system
- Identify the criteria on which the issuance or non-issuance of NOTAM are based
- Recognize the content of NOTAM and the language to be used
- Review your own organization with a view to ensuring that NOTAM relevant information is properly promulgated
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) basics
- The move from a package-oriented system to a data-oriented one
- The AIRAC system
- Aeronautical data quality requirements
- Types, format and content of NOTAM
- Decision making process for NOTAM initiation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aerodrome personnel designated as NOTAM initiators
- Managers responsible for designating aerodrome NOTAM initiators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.