Passenger Experience Service Design - Advanced (Classroom, 3 days)
This workshop is for people who are already familiar with the design thinking process and service design and want to expand their knowledge with practical tools they can use to understand and improve customer experiences. As an Advanced course, this course will offer participants deeper insights on how to use service design thinking as a methodology to empathize with passengers. Participants will be guided across the use of a range of advanced design tools to understand passenger needs and turn research findings into insights, and ultimately validated solutions, taking an iterative approach to design. Additionally, this course will provide further depth on the importance of looking holistically at passenger experience as well as how to ensure passenger satisfaction is monitored holistically across the whole experience.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALG-87
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of design thinking methodology
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of adopting a user-centered problem solving approach to improving passenger experience
- Effectively frame opportunities for improvements in the passenger experience
- Describe a range of prototyping activities and how these could help in developing effective customer solutions to customer needs
- Describe different methods to measure passengers’ experience
- User-research and interview techniques
- Customer journey and insights mapping
- Opportunity prioritization and framing
- Ideating on opportunities
- Advanced prototyping
- Prototype validation and iteration
- Customer experience governance and measurements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Strategic, management-level staff at airlines or airports
- Innovators specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-house sessions. Our 300+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.