Passenger Ground Services with Amadeus Altéa DCS (partner-taught or self-study)
About the course
45-hour partner-taught or self-study course
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry's most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport. The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Included with this course: Amadeus Altéa Departure Control - Customer Management (Altéa DC-CM) e-Learning
Upon completion of the Passenger Ground Services course you will be granted free access to an e-learning course on the Departure Control System (DCS), Amadeus Altéa. This e-Learning includes lessons on the acceptance of passengers and baggage, seating, boarding and handling disruptions. It can be completed at your convenience and leads to an electronic certificate of completion.
Course code: TALP-51-AMA
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 45 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book format.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- Amadeus Altéa DC-CM Learning Paths for IATA Students
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Your performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
IATA Passenger Ground Services
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Introduction to airport and airline operations
- Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
- Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
- Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
- Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
- Managing passenger interactions
- Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
- Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Amadeus Altéa DC-CM
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Check-in Agent collection:
- Accept a customer and handle a baggage drop
- Handle group and frequent traveler acceptance, baggage connections and seating
- Create bookings, and handle crew, rush and cabin baggage as well as seating and disruptions
- Gate Agent collection
- Board a passenger
- Accept, board and re-grade a customer
- Supervisor collection
- Complete all check-in agent and gate agent responsibilities
- Explain the system architecture of the Amadeus Altéa Suite including Departure Control - Customer Management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
- Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
- Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
- Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
- Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants who successfully pass the final exam. An Amadeus certificate is awarded upon obtaining a grade of 80% on all assessments.
Please read the information about Online Exams with Remote Supervision (OERS), and check the Course Edition List for Exams (pdf) when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma