Passenger Ground Services with Amadeus Altéa DCS
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry's most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport. The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Included with this course: Amadeus Altéa Departure Control - Customer Management (Altéa DC-CM) e-Learning.
Upon completion of the Passenger Ground Services course you will be granted free access to an e-Learning course on the Departure Control System (DCS), Amadeus Altéa. This e-Learning includes lessons on the acceptance of passengers and baggage, seating, boarding and handling disruptions. It can be completed at your convenience and leads to an electronic certificate of completion.
Course code: TALP-51-AMA
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Amadeus Altéa DC-CM Learning Paths for IATA Students
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 525 (eBook) / USD 550 (printed)
USD 600 (eBook) / USD 625 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
IATA Passenger Ground Services content
- Introduction to airport and airline operations
- Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
- Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
- Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
- Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
- Managing passenger interactions
- Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
- Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Amadeus Altéa DC-CM content
- Check-in Agent collection:
- Accept a customer and handle a baggage drop
- Handle group and frequent traveler acceptance, baggage connections and seating
- Create bookings, and handle crew, rush and cabin baggage as well as seating and disruptions
- Gate Agent collection
- Board a passenger
- Accept, board and re-grade a customer
- Supervisor collection
- Complete all check-in agent and gate agent responsibilities
- Explain the system architecture of the Amadeus Altéa Suite including Departure Control - Customer Management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
- Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
- Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
- Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
- Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam. An Amadeus certificate is awarded upon obtaining a grade of 80% on all assessments.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: