State Safety Program (SSP) Implementation (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 231 participants from 27 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn how to develop, implement and maintain a State Safety Program (SSP) in compliance with the relevant ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), namely ICAO Annex 19 and Doc 9859 Safety Management Manual (SMM). An SSP is a management system for the regulation and administration of safety by the State. It is uniquely developed for each State in order to achieve an Acceptable Level of Safety Performance (ALoSP) for its civil aviation system. On this course you will gain an understanding of how to implement the four main components of an SSP framework: State safety policy and objectives; State safety risk management; State safety assurance; and State safety promotion.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVG-90
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants are required to complete the IATA State Safety Program Fundamentals e-learning course prior to attending. This course is included in the price and access will be arranged once full payment has been received.
- Access to ICAO Annex 19 Doc 9859 is advisable.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design the SSP for your State in compliance with the relevant ICAO SARPs, including a harmonized regulatory framework for the oversight of product and service providers’ SMS
- Determine, plan and develop the resources your State needs to implement and operate an SSP
- Develop the requirements and processes for establishing the safety data collection and processing system, including the capability for meaningful data analysis
- Implement the SSP for your State
- Establish performance measures and monitor the effective operation of the SSP
- Design of SSP to meet ICAO provisions
- SSP documentation
- SSP resource needs with respect to human capital and documentation system
- Implementation of the ICAO SSP framework
- Safety Data Collection a Processing requirements
- Acceptable Level of Safety Performance (ALoSP)
- Safety Performance Management
- Safety databases to support safety data analysis
- SSP protection of safety data, safety information and related sources
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Government, CAA and NAA personnel
- Service providers responsible for the Safety Management System within their organization
- Representatives of organisations involved in the SSP
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.