Safety Management in Civil Aviation Diploma
Implement the safety strategies and ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) agreed by the air
transport community to further improve aviation safety and efficiency. Safety is now data-driven and the
prescriptive approach to safety is changing to a performance-based approach.
Diploma code: DIPL-11
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Put into practice the strategies of the ICAO Global Aviation Safety Plan and the Global Air Navigation Plan
- Improve safety and efficiency by applying the ICAO Standards, Recommended Practices and Procedures (SARPs), manuals and circulars
And, depending on your role:
- Maintain your organization’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- Develop and implement the State Safety Program (SSP) and oversee product and service providers’ SMS
- Be prepared for ICAO under its Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program then benefit from the analysis of safety data to identify existing and emerging risks
- Implement targeted safety programs to address safety and infrastructure deficiencies
- Respond effectively to disruption of the aviation system created by natural disasters, conflicts or other causes
- Understand and manage human factors in aviation
- ICAO Global Aviation Safety Plan
- Global Air Navigation Plan
- State Safety Program (SSP)
- Universal Safety Oversight Program (USOAP)
- ICAO Standards, Recommended Practices and Procedures (SARPs)
- Safety Management System (SMS)
How to obtain your diploma
- Register for the four elective courses online
- Complete all four courses within a three-year period
- Contact the IATA Training team to obtain your diploma
Who should attend
- Experienced managers and operational staff from Civil Aviation Authorities, Air Navigation Service Providers, airlines, airports, manufacturers and maintenance organizations
- Government senior aviation policy makers and advisors
- Executive Managers and Directors General of Civil Aviation Authorities
- Members of Aviation Boards of Directors
Requirements and registration
Candidates must complete 4 Elective courses within three years.
A passing mark of 70% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 4 selected Elective courses that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
Advanced Safety Management Systems (SMS) in Civil Aviation (Classroom, 5 days)
Build on your knowledge of SMS, examining hazard and risk management, SMS operation, safety assurance and strategic integration.
Aircraft Airworthiness and Air Carrier Certification (Classroom, 5 days)
Gain the knowledge and skills to manage aircraft certification and continuing airworthiness as per the current ICAO Annexes, regulations and requirements (FAA, JAA, EASA).
Aircraft Recovery (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn to manage an aircraft recovery event.
Emergency Response Planning for CAAs and Air Navigation Service Providers
Be prepared to plan, deliver and assure your aviation organization's Emergency Response Plan (ERP).
Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) (Classroom, 3 days)
Benefit from the latest in scientific discoveries and developments in the management of risk posed by fatigue in aviation.
Human Factors in Aviation (Classroom, 5 days)
Gain a comprehensive overview of the effect and management of human factors in aviation with this foundation course.
Integrated Aviation Management System - IAMS (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn how to use a system of systems approach to aviation safety, quality, risk and business management.
Management of Aviation Quality and Service (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn how to manage aviation quality with a process-driven approach. Increase customer satisfaction and safety by following industry best practices.
Managing Accident Prevention and Investigation (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn aviation incident and accident investigation requirements, techniques and working practices. Acquire a structured approach to managing safety to prevent incidents and accidents.
Managing the Safety Oversight Function (Classroom, 5 days)
Understand safety oversight in civil aviation and review the evolving role of the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Program (USOAP).
Operational Risk Management (ORM) for CAAs and ANSPs (Classroom, 5 days)
Apply the latest in risk management to everyday aviation operations across the organization at every level of the decision-making process.
Performance-based Navigation (PBN) Operational Approvals for CAAs and Airlines (Classroom, 5 days)
This course addresses the Performance-based Navigation PBN approval process from the perspective of the state regulator as well as the air operator.
Safety Management Systems (SMS) for Civil Aviation (Classroom, 5 days)
This course provides the fundamentals of how to systematically manage safety in civil aviation using the Safety Management System concept developed by ICAO.
Safety (SMS) and Quality Management (QMS) Processes in Civil Aviation (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn how to build a management system that integrates safety, quality and risk processes for all aviation operations.
State Safety Program (SSP) (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn how to develop, implement and maintain a State Safety Program (SSP) in compliance with the relevant ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs),