Safety (SMS) and Quality Management (QMS) Processes in Civil Aviation (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 144 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This five (5) day course provides practical information on how to build Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality Management System (QMS) processes into everyday aviation operations. Learn how to link safety, quality and risk in an integrated way.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVG-38
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the relationships between management, risk, safety, quality and human factors
- Implement safety management system (SMS) based on an acceptable level of risk, guaranteeing consistent operational results
- Apply quality management system (QMS) processes
- Implement safety, quality and risk management, emergency response and continuous improvement programs
- History of safety management
- ICAO SMS framework
- State Safety Program (SSP)
- Evolution of safety: accident causation; Human Factors
- Change management
- Definition, elements and objectives of a QMS
- ISO 9000 series of standards, in particular, the ISO 9001:2015 model for a QMS
- SMS Implementation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Safety Risk Management
- Safety Assurance
- Safety Promotion
- Numerous examples and exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety Managers and Quality Managers from all types of organizations in the air transport industry
- Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs), Air Navigation Services Providers (ANSPs) and Aviation Regulatory Authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: