Did you know that in the past 5 years, 255 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Understand safety oversight in civil aviation and review the evolving role of the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Program (USOAP) as part of the State Safety Program as required by ICAO Annex 19 – Safety Management.
Course code: TCVG-13
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the changing approach to safety management by States with the adoption of Annex 19 – Safety Management
- Be conversant with the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP) within CAAs
- Better understand the requirements for Safety Oversight and its impact on the safety oversight function
- Apply the concepts and principles
- Satisfy audit findings after being audited under the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Review the changing role of the State Safety Program (SSP) and Safety Management System (SMS in safety management by States)
- Review the 8 critical elements of a Safety Oversight System in order to understand how an integrated approach can improve safety
- Understand the practical application of the ICAO USOAP within CAAs and its demands on the CAA and other stakeholders due to the implementation of the Continuous Monitoring Approach (CMA)
- Discover management concepts and programs that can assist managers in ensuring safety in day-to-day operations, inclusive of the mandatory implementation of a Safety Management System
- Review the history of the safety oversight function and the ICAO USOAP to understand the evolving approaches as they are implemented
- Practical exercises and discussions designed to help you to be familiar with best practices
This course is recommended for:
- Managers with safety oversight and audit responsibilities in Civil Aviation Authorities
- Safety officers within aviation industry service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.