Operational Risk Management (ORM) for CAAs and ANSPs (Classroom, 5 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 281 participants from 46 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
Ensure the greatest potential for enhancing safety within your organization. Apply standardized operational risk management (ORM) techniques and processes to everyday aviation operations at all levels of the decision-making process. Over 3 days you will learn how to identify hazards then assess the corresponding risks.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior knowledge and awareness of safety and risks.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
28 November - 2 December, 2022
Register before 28 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 07 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148880
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use the multi-step processes of Operational Risk Management (ORM) in your daily activities
- Incorporate management of the risk factor into decision-making (e.g. change management)
- Apply the fundamentals of Hazard Identification and risk analysis in a structured way
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Brief history of aviation safety
- Brief overview of ICAO’s responsibility in regard to aviation safety.
- The risk management process in a Safety Management System (SMS)
- Identifying hazards
- Risk and safety management terminology
- Risk management process guidelines
- Risk assessment
- Risk assessment matrix, (Probability and severity of outcome)
- Strategies for risk control
- Follow-up action steps
- Using traditional safety tools in risk management
- Creating organizational structure that supports a risk management program
- Surveying hazards and outlining an operational risk profile
- Case studies and examples
- Practical exercises to reinforce learning and develop risk management plans
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers and operational staff from Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation Authorities, Air Navigation Service Providers and other aviation organization who need to know how to apply Operational Risk Management
- United Nations aviation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Safety Management in Civil Aviation Diploma
Use Safety Management Systems to improve safety and create business and operational efficiency.