IATA - Embry-Riddle Logistics and Supply Chain Management Certificate (e-learning)
About the course
4 courses to be completed in 1 year
IATA has joined forces with Embry-Riddle
Aeronautical University – Worldwide (ERAU) to bring you an online Supply Chain Management certificate. This Program combines two key cargo courses from IATA and two specialized courses from ERAU to provide you with a strong foundation in cargo supply chain management.
Designed for individuals currently working in the industry, the certificate’s coursework will address topics such as basic cargo procedures, loading, sourcing, procurement, packaging, distribution and customer service. Courses are offered fully online and are self-paced. Enrollment is open and courses can be started anytime.
Course code: TCGG-25
- All 4 courses of this Certificate program must be completed within one year.
- All course material and exams are self-contained within each course. Exams are completed at your own pace in the online course and do not have to be scheduled separately. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
The purchase of the Certificate includes all 4 courses in this program. You may register at any time. Access details for the online courses will be provided to you via email by Embry-Riddle within 5 business days after payment confirmation by IATA Finance. Embry-Riddle will send an additional registration form that must be filled out in order to complete the registration process.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order.
Extensions are not permitted but will be considered for extenuating circumstances. A USD450 extension fee will be charged for any extension. If you have been granted an extension, please make your payment by clicking the icon below:
Course fee by user
What you will learn
Upon completing this program you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures, arrange air freight shipments, apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments, complete air waybills accurately, and prepare shipments ready for carriage
- Describe and apply pricing strategies including advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates, mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete air waybill
- Control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds, understand aircraft routings and apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation
- Discuss the role of logistics management and understand major global supply chain strategies, logistics system effectiveness and the importance of improving customer service performance.
- Understand the role of information systems and internet technology in inventory management, order processing and supply chain integration.
- Examine the role of transportation and warehousing in the logistics system, issues associated with product packaging and the concepts of total costs
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee for developing a reliable and affordable transportation system
- Basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations: conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates
- Operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders, air cargo acceptance basic rating principles, air waybill completion
- IATA geography, TACT, OAG, and other cargo manuals
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
This certificate comprises of 4 courses
Cargo Introductory Course (IATA)
- This course will help you to understand the roles of different organizations in the air cargo industry, the concept of the IATA Cargo Agency, and world geography. Gain the knowledge to control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds. Understand aircraft routings and industry manuals, such as TACT and OAG World Airways Guides. Learn how to apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation, and how to follow IATA standards to accept cargo, complete documents and improve customer service.
Cargo Advanced Rating and Marketing (IATA)
- This course uses IATA expertise to provide knowledge on cargo rating principles and Air Waybill completion, as well as basic marketing procedures. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development.
Integrated Logistics Management (ERAU)
- Integrated logistics is about the systematic management of activities associated with the delivery of goods and services to meet customer needs. This course addresses the cross-functional management of a number of activities including sourcing, procurement, packaging, in-bound transportation, warehousing, inventory management, distribution, customer service, and reverse logistics where appropriate.
- This course requires the separate purchase of a text book: Contemporary Logistics, 11th edition by Paul Murphy; Print ISBN: 9780132953467, 0132953463 ; eText ISBN: 9780133776140
Logistics Management for Aviation (ERAU)
- This course prepares the students to examine ways for optimizing the physical flow of goods and materials within a firm from acquisition through production, and movement through channels of distribution. The course primarily focuses on applying logistics theory in materials handling, managing inventory, planning capacities, and locating distribution centers.
- This course Requires Purchase of Separate Text: Supply Chain Logistics Management (4th ed.) ISBN13: 9780078024054
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- An IATA-Embry Riddle Certificate in Supply Chain Management will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all 4 courses. Upon successful completion of the Certificate
program, you must request your certificate via email
- You will also be awarded the IATA Air Cargo Professional Designation (ACP).
- Upon successful completion of the IATA course exam/assessments, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 3 hours
- Passing grade: 60% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2