Building Teamwork and Stakeholder Management (Classroom, 3 days)
The purpose of this course is to create a new level of teamwork awareness and increase participants’ ability to work with others, in a collaborative and effective fashion, while continually building teamwork within their organization. Participants will learn how to build trust with peers and plan strategies to manage stakeholder interaction and engagement. Through the Harvard Business Publishing Change Management simulation, participants experiment with different strategies for effective change management and explore power, influence and resistance to change while attempting to persuade key members of an organization to adopt a change initiative.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-80
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate team dynamics and challenges.
- Play an active role in being a part of a high performing team.
- Improve decision making, identify opportunity, face challenges and conflict more effectively using collaborative techniques.
- Communicate efficiently as a team player knowing what strengths you bring to the team.
- Assess and mitigate the effects of change within an organizational environment and their impact on your team.
- Plan and manage a stakeholder engagement strategy that integrates cross-functional perspectives and needs.
- Exercise influence within your organization and stakeholder environment.
- Transition from individual to team performer
- Increased self-awareness of one’s strengths
- Using cooperative skills to improve team performance
- Ability to adapt to change and lead through VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity)
- Change management phases and strategies
- Building trust with stakeholders
- Stakeholder influence and communication
- Individual reflection
- Group exercises
- Collaborative tools to support performance, decision making and change
- Change management simulation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Team members seeking to improve their methods of working together, improve their teams’ effectiveness and work better with their peers.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: