ULD Management (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course meets the training requirements for personnel listed as per Table 1.6B. of the IATA ULD Regulations. Unit Load Device (ULD) management training, including additionally the legal, technical and purchasing requirements for ULD, should be provided in the requirements commensurate with the functions and responsibilities for personnel.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGG-71
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of ULD operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply IATA and other applicable standards to the management of ULD
- Develop and implement practices and procedures for the management of ULD operations
- Direct the day-to-day activities of a ULD operations team
- Create long term strategic plans for your organization’s ULD operations
- Communicate to all parties in the cargo chain regarding the value proposition of ULD
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulations and classification
- Component maintenance manuals
- Control documentation/messages
- General technical requirements
- Handling facilities and equipment
- Identification Interline or other transfer
- Markings and operating standards
- Parties’ responsibilities
- Repairs performance and control
- Safety Management System (SMS)
- Technical specifications
In-class discussion and exercises
- Final exam
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Staff having technical oversight of ULD / cargo restraint operations
- ULD control operations staff
- Staff whose responsibilities include purchasing of ULD and accessories
- Managers of ULD repair facilities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.