RAMPVRTM is IATA's award-winning “plug-and-play” virtual reality training solution for ground operations.
RAMPVR combines high-spec virtual reality hardware and software with IATA
training for ground operations professionals. Complement theoretical knowledge with effective practical training in a very realistic environment, without disrupting active operations on the ramp.
Unlike “live” training, RAMPVR allows you to:
- Generate a variety of scenarios or aircraft turnaround inspections featuring damage or foreign object debris to enhance training
- Simulate day and night operations as well as adverse weather conditions
- Pause and review “operations” so details can be checked or explained
- Access notes, forms and other reference material in real time
- Record user performance for review and future reference
- A “plug-and-play” system with an intuitive user interface
- No special infrastructure required, indoor open space (ideally 3x3 meters)
- Easy and quick change-over from one trainee to the next
Training options & application
RAMPVR is available in a variety of flexible training options:
- At designated IATA Training Centers worldwide
- Aircraft Marshalling and Ramp Hand Signals with RampVR
- Aircraft Turnaround Coordination and Loading Supervision with RampVR
- At your premises with IATA in-house training
- Purchase of VR equipment and training modules, including on-site set-up, train-the-trainer, and informative user guides
- RampVR modules are available in English, Chinese and German for the convenience of operational staff
- Zur Erleichterung sind RampVR Module für operative Mitarbeiter in Englisch, Chinesisch, Deutsch
- RampVR 模块提供三种语言版本，方便操作人员接受培训：英文，中文，德文.
To learn more about these training options, please contact us.
Find out about the latest developments in IATA's RAMPVR program | Download the RAMPVR media clips (pdf)
The “flight simulator” for ground ops
- Aircraft Turnaround Inspection
- Aircraft Marshalling
- Passenger Boarding Bridge Operations
- Aircraft Pushback Process and Operations
We share the experience and results of full implementation of the VR tool in ground operations. Fraport Ground Services integrated IATA’s RampVR in training for new and existing ramp employees.
This whitepaper aims to:
- Lay out the challenges to the adoption of VR in training;
- Explain the benefits of VR training through a case study with tangible results;
- Trigger interest and stimulate exchange on the topic within the air transport innovation community.
RAMPVR complies fully with the standards of the Airport Handling Manual and the IATA Ground Operations Manual. For more information on what RAMPVR can do for your ground ops training program, please contact us.
Typical ground ops training challenges avoided
RAMPVR accurately replicates the ramp environment and avoids the typical challenges of ground ops training:
- Airside can be a dangerous and noisy training environment
- Training cannot be performed at night or during adverse weather conditions
- Time available for training is limited due to operational restrictions and aircraft availability
- Airside access requires rigorous background checks for trainees
- Abnormal scenarios are difficult to replicate in live operations