Travel Standards Board
The Travel Standards Board manages the development of standards concerning any interaction between airlines and any other partners involved in the delivery of a product or service to a customer.
This includes but is not limited to passenger experience, passenger airport processes, departure management activities, and the relationship between airlines and government agencies controlling facilitation or receiving passenger information.
This also includes operational processes supporting the delivery of passenger services: ground handling and airport handling standards, airside safety, and baggage handling.
Groups under the Travel Board:
- Passenger Experience Group
- Airport Services Group
The Passenger Experience Group:
- Deals with matters concerning passenger airport processes including but not limited to baggage processing and departure control.
- Reviews and endorses proposals to create or amend standards governing these processes. Ensures that proposals align with existing standards, and that requirements are documented with a corresponding change to Implementation Guidance where applicable.
- Reviews and endorses proposals to amend:
- Resolution 708; and Recommended Practice 1706a, 1706b, 1707a-1719e (overseen by the DCS Messaging Working Group)
- Resolution 709, 739-746, 751-754; and Recommended Practice 1739-1740e, 1743a-1751, 1752a, 1754 (overseen by the Baggage Working Group)
- Liaises with other process owning groups under any Conference, and advisory groups under Industry Committees as required.
- Maintains a work plan and report regularly to Travel Standards Board.
To view and/or participate in the activities under the Passenger Experience Group, please access the SSW site.
Membership of the Travel Standards Board (TSB)
The following representatives have been elected to serve on the Travel Standards Board for a two year period:
Senior Manager - Service Control, Product and Svs.|
Rick Nagy ||
Director - Customer Planning Operations|
Tony Readdie ||Operations Systems Manager|
Delta Air Lines ||
General Manger ACS Strategy and Technology|
Deutsche Lufthansa AG||
Vicky Scherber ||
Process Owner Passenger & Baggage Processes|
|Emirates Airline||Rob Broere ||VP - Industry change|
|Etihad Airways||Paul Richard Smith ||General Manager Ground Operations|
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Binyamin Mizrahi||Passenger Baggage Handling Manager|
|LATAM Airlines||Edwin Garcia ||Head of Aiport Operations|
|LOT Polish Airlines||Marcin Slawecki ||Head of Ground Operations|
|Philippine Airlines ||Meliton Pascual ||Vice President Airport Operations|
|Qatar Airways ||Tony Paul||Manager Safety and Service Delivery|
Singapore Airlines||Timothy Chua||Vice President, Airport Operations|
Turkish Airlines||Emre Cevik||Manager, Product and Service Management|
|United Airlines||Michael Yost ||Managing Director - Customer Solutions & Recovery|
Virgin Australia ||Caitlin Malone ||Manager, Airport Experience and Insights|
IATA Secretary||Pierre Charbonneau||Director Passenger and Facilitation|