IATA Asia Pacific represents, serves and leads our
airline members from our regional office in Singapore. From this office, the IATA team drives the industry's priorities in 26 countries with the support of 11 country and area offices, across 8 time zones. We also maintain close working relations with governments, airports, air navigation service providers and regional industry organizations.
IATA Asia Pacific is committed to
- Reminding governments of the
value that aviation brings, supporting over 30 million jobs and contributing over $700 billion in GDP in the region
- Improving efficiency through our industry projects, such as Fast Travel and New Distribution Capability
- Laying the groundwork for a sustainable aviation industry
- Enhancing safety and capacity through initiatives to improve air traffic management
- Settling funds for the aviation industry in a swift, reliable and efficient manner (close to $70 billion was settled for the Asia Pacific region in 2017)
- Developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry (some 1,700 aviation professionals from 25 countries were trained in Asia Pacific in 2017).
In 2017, IATA Singapore office became one of the four IATA Global Delivery Center (GDC) locations where the back office functions for IATA's Financial Settlement Systems (FSS) have been consolidated. The other locations are Beijing, Madrid, and Montreal.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news on IATA activities in Asia Pacific with the Asia Pacific Digest
Asia Pacific Digest Archive
Airlines International Highlights
A step forward in safety