Strategic Partners within the Fuel Technical Group Area of Involvement are able to collaborate with other airline fuel purchasing decision-makers, to discuss specific airline industry related matters with the aviation fuel community and address matters of common interest.
Fuel Technical Group Strategic Partnerships Summary
Aviation Fuel has a significant impact on the airline industry. IATA supports safe and efficient fuel management through two main streams: fuel servicing (focused on commercial and technical aspects) and fuel efficiency (focused on operational best practices for fuel management). IATA also promotes the interests of its members in all aspects of commercial and technical fuel, with a focus on ensuring the reliable supply and availability of quality jet fuel at optimal price levels, at airports worldwide. IATA also supports airlines in aligning fuel provision agreements with their operational needs in compliance with the latest regulatory requirements.
- Invitations to attend the 3-day bi-annual IATA Aviation Energy Forum
- Access to IATA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Regular contact with Airline Fuel Buyers and Technical Experts worldwide
Aviation Energy Forum (AEF)
The IATA Aviation Energy Forum is the premier industry meeting for the world's aviation fuel community. The forums are conducted bi-annually and are closely coordinated with both IATA Strategic Partners (aviation fuel suppliers) and IATA Member airlines. The Energy Forums provide the opportunity for airline fuel purchasing decision-makers to discuss specific airline industry related matters. Moreover, these events allow for joint meetings with IATA Strategic Partners (fuel suppliers) to address matters of common interest to the aviation fuel community as a whole, as well as networking and bilateral meetings between suppliers and airlines. The event also prominently covers SAF & sustainability. The Aviation Energy Forum co-locates both Commercial and Technical Fuel meetings to ensure good collaboration and co-ordination between fuel functions.
- Information Exchange on Jet Fuel / SAF Issues
- Global Aviation Fuel Developments and Activities
- Aviation Fuel Quality Standards, Audits and Inspections
- Jet Fuel and SAF Specifications
- Fuel Supply Chain and Facilities Development
- Refueling procedures
- Fuel System Maintenance
- Aviation fuels and lubricants suppliers
- Aviation refuelers
- Microbiological solution providers
- Metering solution providers for refuelers
Please view the full list of Strategic Partnerships Program benefits (pdf).