IATA Asia Pacific represents, serves and leads our airline members from our regional office in Singapore. From this office, the IATA team drives the industry's priorities in 37 countries with the support of 19 country and area offices, across 8 time zones. We also maintain close working relations with governments, airports, air navigation service providers and regional industry organizations.
IATA Asia Pacific is committed to
- Reminding governments of the value that aviation brings, supporting over 30 million jobs and contributing over $700 billion in GDP in the region
- Improving efficiency through our industry projects, such as Fast Travel and New Distribution Capability
- Laying the groundwork for a sustainable aviation industry
- Enhancing safety and capacity through initiatives to improve air traffic management
- Settling funds for the aviation industry in a swift, reliable and efficient manner (close to $75 billion was settled for the Asia Pacific region in 2018)
- Developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry (some 1,900 aviation professionals from over 100 countries were trained at our IATA Asia Pacific's Regional Training Center in Singapore in 2018).
In 2017, IATA Singapore office became one of the four IATA Global Delivery Center (GDC) locations where the back office functions for IATA's Financial Settlement Systems (FSS) have been consolidated. The other locations are Beijing, Madrid, and Montreal.
Asia Pacific Digest
Stay up-to-date with the latest news on IATA activities in Asia Pacific.
> Explore the Asia Pacific Digest now
Airlines International Highlights
- Bringing safety and efficiency to the Akara Corridor (February 2021)
- 60 seconds with... Greg Foran, Air New Zealand (December 2020)
- Izham Ismail: Preparing for a sustainable future (December 2020)
- Greg Foran, Air New Zealand’s CEO: Environmental and diversity issues (November 2020)