IATA Asia Pacific represents, serves and leads our airline members from our regional office in Singapore. From this office, the IATA team drives the industry's priorities in 37 countries with the support of 19 country and area offices, across 8 time zones. We also maintain close working relations with governments, airports, air navigation service providers and regional industry organizations.
IATA Asia Pacific is committed to
- Serving IATA’s 45 airline members based in the region and aviation in general.
- Reminding governments of the value that aviation brings, supporting over 47 million jobs and contributing about $1 trillion in GDP across the region.
- Improving infrastructure and cost-effective operations through our industry initiatives, such as OneID and Digital Cargo.
- Supporting the industry vision to becoming customer-centric and digital airlines through the IATA distribution and payment programs.
- Laying the groundwork for a sustainable aviation industry with a target of NetZero emissions by 2050.
- Improving safety and operational efficiency through close collaboration with stakeholders across the industry.
- Settling funds for the aviation industry in a swift, reliable and efficient manner (over $80 billion was settled for the Asia Pacific region in 2019).
- Developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry (some 1,650 aviation professionals from over 100 countries were trained at our IATA Asia Pacific's Regional Training Center in Singapore in 2019).
Asia Pacific Digest
Stay up-to-date with the latest news on IATA activities in Asia Pacific.
> Explore the Asia Pacific Digest now
Airlines International Highlights
- The fight for recovery in Asia-Pacific (March 2022)
- Thinking creatively for the younger generation (August 2021)
- 60 seconds with... Greg Foran, Air New Zealand (February 2021)
- Bringing safety and efficiency to the Akara Corridor (February 2021)