We represent, lead and serve the European airline industry, and focus on catering to the needs of our member airlines, accredited travel agents and industry partners.
IATA’s regional office for Europe is based in Madrid, Spain and has a network of over 15 offices in both European Union and non-EU countries comprising, among others, Russia, Turkey, Israel, Ukraine and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
We maintain close relations with governments, agencies, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), European Union Institutions, EUROCONTROL, EASA, European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC), regional airlines associations such as Airlines For Europe (A4E), European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), European Regions Airline Association (ERAA), Airlines International Representation in Europe (AIRE), as well as airports, and air navigation service providers.
IATA advocates for smarter regulation -minimizing the impact of tariff and non-tariff barriers and unnecessary and counter-productive taxation-, safety, security and connectivity. We also support our global operations and environment-related issues such as the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA).
- Contact us for more information about IATA's Europe office
- See the latest information on IATA's activities in Russia
Europe Region Blog
Stay up-to-date with the latest news in IATA Europe with the Europe Region blog.
Customer service for BSP and CASS
BSP & CASS facilitate the selling, reporting and remitting procedures of IATA Accredited Agents. Europe manages more than 203 million transactions (standard charging units or SCUs) and serve more than 30,000 agent locations. Those services are provided in 17 different languages using 25 different currencies.
For any assistance with BSP, CASS, and Accreditation of travel and cargo agents, please go to the Customer Portal: www.iata.org/cs.
Press releases: Europe
- Fly Safely, Drink Responsibly Campaign takes off in Norway
- Competitiveness of aviation in the Netherlands crucial for jobs and prosperity
- Boosting aviation competitiveness in Germany will create new jobs and prosperity
- A Sustainable Industry for all Europe's citizens
Europe news in Airlines. Magazine
Airlines. Magazine is IATA's flagship magazine, available online, in print, and as a mobile App:
- Tactical thinking: Peter Foster, Air Astana (December 2019)
- Governments "picking the wrong fight" over environmental taxes for airlines (November 2019)
- Why an ECJ airport charges judgement could be a game-changer (November 2019)