IGHC Postponement Announcement
Over the past few days, many of you have enquired about the status of the upcoming IATA Ground Handling Conference (IGHC) in Mexico City due to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). After careful consideration, we have taken the decision to postpone the event.
Since the first outbreak of COVID-19 in mainland China, we have been monitoring the situation in Mexico City closely, working daily with local and international authorities. We have been following the WHO’s guidelines. However, there has been an increase in the number of participant cancelations over the past few days for reasons including company travel bans and senior delegates needing to stay close to base during the crisis, therefore, we feel that it would be best to postpone the event.
Further information will follow in the coming days regarding delegate, sponsor and exhibitor situations and consequential actions that need to be taken. We are very sorry that this decision had to be taken but we are sure you will all agree it was the correct one and for the right reasons.
The IATA Ground Handling Conference (IGHC) is the premier annual ground handling industry conference in the world.
Why should you attend?
Unique business, networking and branding opportunities with 95% satisfaction rate.
- Over 750 delegates are expected
- Meet airlines decision makers
- Exclusive access to industry intelligence and latest industry developments
Want to see what happened in our2019 edition?
Who will you meet?
Bringing together over 750 delegates to represent the whole industry, here's who you will meet:
- 30% airlines, 60% ground service providers and airports, 10% manufacturers and solution providers
- 60% commercial and 34% operational/safety positions represented
- 50% executive management, 49% middle management
IATA Member Airline Complimentary Passes
IATA Member Airlines - Subject matter experts in procurement or ground handling contracts management are eligible for two complimentary passes to the IGHC, please contact email@example.com for availability.
Have a look at the Terms & Conditions (pdf).
IATA Member Airline and Ground Handling Partner Complimentary Passes
IATA Member Airlines - Subject matter experts in procurement or ground handling contracts management and IATA Ground Handling Partners are eligible for two complimentary passes to the IGHC.
Don't miss out on this excellent opportunity to expand your network and get insights into the latest industry trends and developments.
Find out what precautions to take regarding Coronavirus & communicable diseases (pdf).
32th IATA Ground Handling Conference
The 32th IATA Ground Handling Conference took place in Madrid, Spain from 26 to 29 May 2019, at the Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center.
View all the IGHC 2019 pictures!
Attending Companies & Speed Networking Airlines
The Ground Ops Executive Summit 2019
- Have a look at Ground Ops Executive Summit 2019 Brief (pdf)
The IATA IGHC 2019 Sessions Summary
- Have a look at IGHC 2019 Sessions Summary (pdf)
- Opening Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- Making the Ground Operations Attractive for our Employees Presentation (pdf)
- The Future of the Passengers Presentation (pdf)
- Ramp of the Future Presentation (pdf)
- Sustainable Ramp Presentation (pdf)
- Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- Safety Performance Indicators Presentation (pdf)
- Driving Competitive Advantage Through RFID in Baggage Presentation (pdf)
- Cargo Handling Manual Implementation Presentation (pdf)
- Culture Presentation (pdf)
- Standard Agreements & SLAs Presentation (pdf)
- Threat and Risk Audit Matrix Presentation (pdf)
- Plenary Presentation (pdf)
- IGHC 2019 Intro
- Official Opening
- Opening Plenary Full
- Welcome Adresses
- IGHC Innovator Competition
- Our 2019 IGHC Innovator is
- Major Growth in Aviation Jobs Expected in Ground Operations
- Ramp of the future Introduction
- Fully Ramped Up for the Future
- Expediting the Air Cargo Ground Experience
- IATA Nexxt Bootcamp Madrid
- Auditing Overhauling ISAGO
- Plenary Session 1
- Plenary Session 2
- Plenary Session 3
- Tuesday Opening
- IATA Celebi Signing
The IGHC Innovator competition was established with the aim to ignite and promote new ideas in the ground operations world. It was introduced for the first time at the IGHC in 2017 as our way to embrace and support innovative thinking - helping our industry to be safe and prosper.