The IATA Data and Analytics Task Force (IDATF) consists of airline representatives in the field of Data Science, Innovation, Digital Transformation and Enterprise Optimization. The agenda consists in articulating the ambition for airlines to become data driven organizations.
- Ambition: Identify airline activities where Data & Analytics can bring tangible benefits and efficiencies
- Case for Change: List common pain points and challenges
- Monitoring progress: Live inventory of AI user cases (best practices)
- Roadmap: Develop an Airline Data & Analytics Roadmap to fast-track adoption & scale up AI/ML supported by IATA.
Areas of activity
Data and Analytics impact across Airline Business Dimensions
- Commercial Capabilities: Building Offers and Distribution
- End-to-end Customer Journey: Digital Identity, Information and Service, and Cargo Flow
- Cross-Functional Planning and Execution: Scheduling, Day of Operations and Disruption Management
- Flight Operations: Flight Planning and Operations; and Aircraft Maintenance
- Ground Operations: Baggage Flow, Aircraft Turnaround
- How can Data & AI support innovation, value creation and operational efficiency?
Review value of Automation and AI through Airline Business Dimensions. Innovation and Customer Experience. Value Creation. Improve Operational Efficiencies. Metrics used to track success. Industry Standards.
- What prevents airlines to achieve further automation?
Identify common challenges on Technology & data, Business Processes, Skills & Organization
- How much progress have airlines achieved in adoption of AI the last 5 years?
Industry inventory of AI User Cases, Maturity Assessment.
- What steps can we take at industry level to fast-track adoption of analytics?
Industry collaboration platforms. Data Advocacy. Certifications. Training.
Example of Airline Activities with AI components:
Revenue Management & Network Planning – Fraud Detection - Air Safety and Aircraft Maintenance –Customer Feedback Analysis – Crew management – Fuel efficiency optimization – Inflight sales & Cabin waste management – In Airport Self Services/Contactless – Flight Management and Autonomous systems
Contact us if you are interested in participating Data Analytics Taskforce!