The IATA Standard Safety Assessment (ISSA) is a voluntary evaluation program, produced at the request of the industry, to extend the benefits of operational safety and efficiency that emanated from the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program to the operators of smaller aircraft that are not eligible for the IOSA program.
> See who is on the ISSA Registry
Benefits for the industry
- Global safety standard for commercial operators not covered by existing programs
- Measurement of operator’s conformity with ICAO requirements
- Gradual implementation of safety management system (SMS) elements
- Entry into ISSA Registry
- Improved marketing and commercial advantages for operators
- Improved conditions for reduction of insurance premiums
ISSA assessment steps
- Make sure to comply with ISSA's scope & eligibility criteria
- Schedule your assessment. The initial assessment will be followed by biennial renewal assessments. Assessments can be performed remotely, see: ISPM Ed 3, Temporary Appendix (pdf).
- Assessment to be conducted by two auditors for two days. See the ISSA audit organizations.
- Assessment follow-up (closure of findings) and subsequent two year registration period
Obtain an ISSA assessment report
Should you want to have access to an ISSA Assessment Report, kindly complete the request form (doc) and return it to the ISSA team.
- ISPM Edition 4 - Temporary Revision 1 (pdf)
- ISSA Operators Alert 11 - New IORG Structure (pdf)
- ISSA Standards Manual Part II - Seaplanes and Amphibians - Edition 2 (pdf)
- ISSA Standards Manual Part I - Aeroplanes - Edition 5 (pdf)
- ISSM Ed 5 Part I Word Checklist (Word)
- ISSA Program Manual Edition 4 (pdf)
- Self Evaluation Form (Word)
- ISSA Brochure (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- IATA Reference Manual for Audit Programs (pdf)
Need more information?
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com