The AHM contains all the industry-approved policies and standards to support safe and efficient ground operations above and below the wing.
Order the 2022 AHM online
If you are new to the AHM, all versions are updated annually. Digital products come with automatic updates for the year and a search function that makes finding current information easy. Plus, it's cheaper.
Note: Airport Handling Manual is a complementary manual to IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Buy them together and save. The IGOM is procedure driven, focusing on “how to do”. The AHM is policy driven and focuses on “what to do”.
Contact us if you're interested in an enterprise solution for accessing IATA Publications.
You can benefit from Volume discounts on IGOM when purchasing the AHM & IGOM Combos: 10% discount for 5-9 units, 20% for 10-24 units, 30% for 25-99 units and 40% for 100 units or more. Contact our sales team for volume orders.
To purchase the 2021 edition of the AHM & IGOM combo that is effective until December 31, 2021, visit our online store.
What's inside the AHM
The AHM includes the only industry-recognized contract template, the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) and the suggested template for Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Chapter 1 – Passenger handling
- Chapter 2 – Baggage handling
- Chapter 3 – Cargo/mail handling
- Chapter 4 – Aircraft handling and loading
- Chapter 5 – Load control
- Chapter 6 – Management and safety
- Chapter 7 – Aircraft movement control
- Chapter 8 – Ground handling agreements
- Chapter 9 – Airport handling ground support equipment specifications
- Chapter 10 – Environmental specifications for ground handling operations
- Chapter 11 – Ground operations training program
Still not sure if the AHM is for you? Download the full table of contents with over 15 sample pages.
Each year, significant changes are done to policies and standards, that's why we publish a new version of the AHM every year.
The significant changes that were made to the 42nd AHM include:
- New AHM 121: Handling Inadmissible Deportee with new guidance providing a details on INAD, reason for refusal, State responsibilities, notifications, necessary documental and other travel arrangements
- AHM 610: Guidelines for a Safety Management System with updates made to the Emergency Response Plan guidance as per AHM 620
- AHM 615: Quality Management System with updates in the guidance to align with ISO standards and IATA best practices
- New AHM 620: Emergency and Crisis Management at the Airport contains new guidance providing GHSPs and airlines with a basic understanding necessary to establish an ERP at the airport including the practical tools needed and standardized checklists on how to structure, manage and execute the ERP as well as aligned with the IATA ERP Best Practices Handbook
- AHM 903: Grouped list into 4 GSE categories and new GSE types added
- AHM 1110: Updates to the training management, newly included Recurrent Assessment and example of a recurrent assessment checklist as an alternative option to the recurrent training, and overall update of the passenger handling job functions and Passenger handling training modules, general aviation and safety modules
Ground Operations Training
You can learn more about ground operations ensuring compliance with industry standards by taking ground operations courses.