The AHM contains all the industry-approved policies and standards to support safe and efficient ground operations above and below the wing.
Order the 2021 AHM online
If you are new to the AHM, all versions are updated annually. Digital products come with automatic updates for the year and a search function that makes finding current information easy. Plus, it's cheaper.
Note: Airport Handling Manual is a complementary manual to IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). Buy them together and save. The IGOM is procedure driven, focusing on “how to do”. The AHM is policy driven and focuses on “what to do”.
You can benefit from Volume discounts on IGOM when purchasing the AHM & IGOM Combos: 10% discount for 5-9 units, 20% for 10-24 units, 30% for 25-99 units and 40% for 100 units or more. Contact our sales team for volume orders.
To purchase the 2020 edition of the AHM & IGOM combo that is effective until December 31, 2020, visit our online store.
What's inside the AHM
The AHM includes the only industry-recognized contract template, the Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) and the suggested template for Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Chapter 1 – Passenger handling
- Chapter 2 – Baggage handling
- Chapter 3 – Cargo/mail handling
- Chapter 4 – Aircraft handling and loading
- Chapter 5 – Load control
- Chapter 6 – Management and safety
- Chapter 7 – Aircraft movement control
- Chapter 8 – Ground handling agreements
- Chapter 9 – Airport handling ground support equipment specifications
- Chapter 10 – Environmental specifications for ground handling operations
- Chapter 11 – Ground operations training program
Still not sure if the AHM is for you? Download the full table of contents with over 15 sample pages.
Each year, significant changes are done to policies and standards, that's why we publish a new version of the AHM every year.
The significant changes that were made to the 41st AHM include:
Changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- New: AHM Chapter on Pandemic management
- Ground Handling during COVID-19
- Transportation of Cargo in Cabin
- Chapter 11 - training requirements for Return to Services
- New: GSE Storage and Return to Service
- Revisions of AHM 904, 910, and 921 on Ground Support Equipment Specifications
- New part of Chapter 9 - Mobile passenger boarding ramps
- AHM 600 - Occupational health and safety and aircraft damage cost models revision
- AHM 300 - Entirely revised section
- Revision of Chapter 4 - AHM 440 on Aircraft Handling and Loading
- New graphics and animation for Aircraft Marshalling and Hand Signals
Ground Operations Training
You can learn more about ground operations ensuring compliance with industry standards by taking ground operations courses.