The IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR) is the global standard and the essential guide to transporting animals by air in a safe, humane and cost-effective manner.
requirements on the transport of
live animals by air including requirements on handling, marking, labeling
as well as documentation.
Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, a handler, an airline, or an animal care professional, the LAR is a must for everyone involved in the transport of live animals regardless of the mode of transport.
It is the only worldwide standard to be followed for handling and transporting live animals by air.
The LAR provides you with the most current and efficient practices for your live animal cargo operations and an integral tool to achieve cost savings and avoid delays by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and compliant with international or local regulations.
The LAR includes:
- Up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of live animals
- Requirements on handling, marking & labeling
- Information on the necessary documentation needed when transporting live animals
- A comprehensive classification of 1000’s of animal species along with the container specifications required for their transport
- Guidelines for the non-air transport of live animals
In the new edition, there are a number of notable changes. Here are a few of the most significant changes:
- Recurrent training requirements coming into force as of January 1st 2020: training is paramount to the effective implementation of regulations, therefore the 46th edition of the IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR) mandates recurrent training that must be provided within 36 months of previous training
- Enhancement on container requirements: providing the industry with specific requirements related to the handling and transport of cats and dogs, horses and day-old chicks
- Provides new requirements for the overall container requirements: CRs 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 31-34, 31, 33, 34, 41-47, 41, 57, 78
- Includes the latest government and carrier requirements, updated documentation requirements, as well as enhanced handling procedures for palletization of larger animal consignments
Download the complete list of significant changes:
Live Animal Regulations 46th edition
*** effective as of January 2020 ***
|Book & Windows||English||$470|
|Book & Windows||French||$490|
|Book & Windows||Spanish||$490|
Find out which format is best for you: