The City Code Directory (CCD) is reference tool for numerical and alphabetical codes, currencies and IATA Tariff Conference areas. It contains the worldwide list of city, airport, country, province, state and territory names. Created to serve the needs of airline tariffs and reservations departments, the CCD is used for computing tariffs, creating mileage distances as well as used in calculating fares and rates.
Order the CCD online
The CCD is available in two different formats (Windows or .txt files) in order to suit your needs depending on your usage.
|FOR SEARCHING OR REFERENCING||FOR CALCULATIONS & SYSTEM INTEGRATION|
|FORMAT: .txt files
HOW TO ACCESS:
You will get access to downloadable files that you can then integrate into your system allowing you to automate calculations.
GET A QUOTE
What’s inside the CCD?
- Section 1 – General (Amendments, New Codes, Additions-Cites, Changes-Airport Names, Changers/Corrections-Cities, Change/Corrections-City Numeric Codes, Transfer-Airports to Metropolitan Area)
- Section 2 – Country Code Directory
- Section 3 – Currency Code Directory
- Section 4 – Country Names-Decode
- Section 5 – State/Province/Territory Names-Decode
- Section 6 – Area Codes (Passenger Fares, Cargo Rates)
- Section 7 – Secondary Cities
- Section 8 – City Code Directory
- Section 9 – List of Cities by Country
- Section 10 – City Names-Decode
- Section 11 – Airport Names-Decode
What’s new in the 2021 CCD?
The CCD is regularly updated as new cities are added or updated throughout the year. When a city is added or delisted, it’s important to use the latest city codes available as the Maximum Permitted Mileage (MPM) or Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM) distances can change particularly when there are multiple airports in the same city. By relying on outdated data, it can lead to an incorrect fare values and loss in revenue.