Although security challenges and threats might look different during and post the pandemic, the conventional threats remain and the importance of incident management, collaboration and security assurance should not be compromised. In addition, the industry needs to continually adapt to ever changing regulations and challenges that the global security environment presents as they look to expand and evolve their operations.
Strengthened security is always an asset, however amidst this; it can also improve operational efficiencies within your organization, improve the relationship between airports, airlines and aviation authorities as well as enhance customer satisfaction.
By applying the principles from the IATA Security Management System (SeMS) manual, it can enhance your company’s security culture, regulatory collaboration and resource utilization as well as improve overall performance and communication within your organization. It contains security management guidelines on building effective aviation security measures and also covers a range of additional topics including accountabilities and responsibilities assignment, risk assessment, security reporting and improved communication processes.
Order your SeMS online
Contact us if you're interested in an enterprise solution.
2024 Security Management System Manual (SeMS)
2024 Security Management Systems Manual (SeMS)
2023 Security Risk Assessment Toolkit (SRAT)
What's inside the SeMS?
- Management (Corporate Commitment, Security Objectives, Security Communication, Change Management, Provision of Resources)
- Documentation (Aircraft Operator Security Program, Security Reporting)
- Aviation Security Quality (Quality Assurance Audits, Quality Control, Security Surveys, Security Tests)
- Security Risk Management (Security Risk Assessment, Threat Identification and Assessment, Risk Management Process)
- Additional Guidance (Role of Regulations, Landside Security, Insider Threats, In-flight Theft, Aviation Cyber Security)
Still not sure if the SeMS is for you? Download the full table of contents with 12 sample pages:
The 7th edition of the SeMS is the latest version of the manual. By implementing the latest SeMS guidance, you can shape a proactive, strategic and risk-based approach to the protective security. The SeMS is updated every year to ensure that the information provided stays relevant and reliable so that the users can develop and continuously improve their security management practices.
- This year, in particular, the update was driven by statistically significant data resulting from SeMS surveys conducted at the end of 2022 and beginning of 2023.
- This edition reflects new international requirements following the Amendment 18 to Annex 17, and ICAO guidance on the Aircraft Operator Security Program (AOSP), Supplementary Station Procedures (SSP), as well as Incident Reporting and Taxonomy.
- The most significant changes include:
- New version of Security Performance Indicators updated in accordance with industry surveys.
- “Provision of Resources” section expanded by topics to include security criteria for service providers and security products, and personnel competency assessments.
- Updated content and references on Aircraft Operator Security Program and Supplementary Station Procedures.
- Bolstered section about “Quality Control”.