By applying the principles from the Security System Management Manuals (SeMS), it can enhance a company’s security culture, regulatory collaboration and resource utilization as well as improve overall performance and communication within a company. It contains security management guidelines on building effective aviation security measures and also covers a range of additional topics including accountabilities and responsibilities assignment, risk assessment, security reporting and improved communication processes.
Order the SeMS online
The 4th edition of the SeMS is the latest version of the manual, which was published in October 2020.
What's inside the SeMS?
- Management (Corporate Commitment, Security Objectives, Security Communication, Change Management, Provision of Resources)
- Documentation (Aircraft Operator Security Program, Security Reporting)
- Aviation Security Quality (Quality Assurance Audits, Quality Control, Security Surveys, Security Tests)
- Security Risk Management (Security Risk Assessment, Threat Identification and Assessment, Risk Management Process)
- Additional Guidance (Role of Regulations, Landside Security, Insider Threats, In-flight Theft, Aviation Cyber Security)
Still not sure if the SeMS is for you? Download the full table of contents with 12 sample pages:
By implementing the latest security measures, you can shape a proactive, strategic and risk-based approach to the protective security.
The SeMS is updated every year to ensure that the information provided stays relevant and reliable so that the users can develop and continuously improve their security management practices.
The most significant changes to the 4th SeMS include:
- Chapter 6 – 6.3 Landside security: updates on COVID-19 impact and operational aspects
- Chapter 6 – 6.6: expansion on Aviation Cyber Security Management
- Chapter 5 Security Risk Management: updates to include impact other risks may have (health, unrests, etc.) on SeMS and are contextualized around the integrated risk management
- Chapter 4 Aviation Security Quality: updates to include remote quality control methods that may help to maintain oversight capability at times when traditional/physical methods cannot be implemented
- Toolbox – COVID related documents repository