Although security challenges and threats might look different during and post the pandemic, the conventional threats remain and the importance of incident management, collaboration and security assurance should not be compromised. In addition, the industry needs to continually adapt to ever changing regulations and challenges that the global security environment presents as they look to expand and evolve their operations.
Strengthened security is always an asset, however amidst this; it can also improve operational efficiencies within your organization, improve the relationship between airports, airlines and aviation authorities as well as enhance customer satisfaction.
By applying the principles from the IATA Security System Management (SeMS) manual, it can enhance a company’s security culture, regulatory collaboration and resource utilization as well as improve overall performance and communication within a company. It contains security management guidelines on building effective aviation security measures and also covers a range of additional topics including accountabilities and responsibilities assignment, risk assessment, security reporting and improved communication processes.
Order the SeMS online
Contact us if you're interested in an enterprise solution for accessing IATA Publications.
2022 Security Management Systems Manual (SeMS)
- Management (Corporate Commitment, Security Objectives, Security Communication, Change Management, Provision of Resources)
- Documentation (Aircraft Operator Security Program, Security Reporting)
- Aviation Security Quality (Quality Assurance Audits, Quality Control, Security Surveys, Security Tests)
- Security Risk Management (Security Risk Assessment, Threat Identification and Assessment, Risk Management Process)
- Additional Guidance (Role of Regulations, Landside Security, Insider Threats, In-flight Theft, Aviation Cyber Security)
Still not sure if the SeMS is for you? Download the full table of contents with 12 sample pages:
The 5th edition of the SeMS is the latest version of the manual. By implementing the latest security measures, you can shape a proactive, strategic and risk-based approach to the protective security. The SeMS is updated every year to ensure that the information provided stays relevant and reliable so that the users can develop and continuously improve their security management practices.
In addition, the IATA SeMS manual is your essential guide to help you meet the requirements of the impending changes taking effect as of Q3 2022 in regards to persons who implement security controls must possess all the competencies required to perform their duties as per ICAO Annex 17 Standards 3.4.2.
The most significant changes in the latest edition of the IATA SeMS manual include:
- Updated guidance on Aircraft Operator Security Program (AOSP) in alignment of the latest Annex 17 Amendment (Amendment 18)
- Recognition of Equivalence solutions including newly developed industry recognized performance criteria in hold baggage screening and best managerial practices