MRO SmartHub Connector with its effortless integration redefines transactional business to purchase or sell material with preferred partners. Users benefit from seamless information exchange and enhanced trading opportunities of new and used aircraft parts.
- Dedicated tunnel between two trading partners – Buyers can specify what they are seeking. The seller selects the parts to show each buyer, with quantities, prices and availability, providing transparent but confidential information
- Easier interactions – Communication systematized and negotiation simplified
- Easy access to Evaluator – To ensure you have convenient access to the Evaluator functionality without additional integration resources
With the increased interest in exchange transactions, the exchange feature was added to the IATA Smarthub Connector module in 2020.
Exchanging parts lowers total costs
- The economic impact of COVID-19 increased the demand for exchange transactions of spare parts. Instead of purchasing a broken part from the market, the part can be replaced by doing an exchange. It lowers costs and prevents filling the customer’s inventories.
- Since most exchange parts are available on short notice, they can be used to fulfill urgent demands such as Aircraft On Ground (AOG).
- With the increased interest in exchange transactions it became a priority to include this feature into the Connector module of the IATA MRO SmartHub. Together with some of IATA MRO SmartHub key customers, the development team specified and implemented this new feature in Q3 2020.
Effective and integrated exchange processes
- The IATA MRO SmartHub exchange feature is seamlessly integrated into the existing processes and functionalities.
- Suppliers are now able to list parts for sale and/or exchange on the Connector. To specify a listing for exchange, a set of basic parameters must be specified: exchange fee, core value and core return time. In addition, a set of optional parameters about the exchange offer is available: mark up on repair costs, additional time and fee to return the core.