ACC3 Aviation Security Independent Validator (Classroom, 5 days)
Take this first step to become an EU Aviation Security Validator. Currently the EU requires air carriers to obtain the ‘Air Cargo or Mail Carrier operating into the Union from a Third Country Airport’ (ACC3) designation. ACC3 designation is only valid upon a successful EU Aviation Security Validation performed by an Independent Validator accredited by an EU Member State. ACC3 carriers flying cargo to EU/EEA must be re-validated every 5 years and Regulated Agents (RA3) and Known Consignors (KC3) must be subjected to re-validation every three years. Get the required training and position yourself to become an EU Aviation Security Validator.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGP-31
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Prospective Independent Validators must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a background check, endorsed by an EU Member State
- Demonstrate independence from the entities they wish to validate
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in aviation security and auditing
- Have their application for attendance supported by an EU Member State
Note: for more information on the qualification requirements of an EU Aviation Security Validator, see EU regulation 1998/2015, section 11.6.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Validate airline stations in compliance with EU regulations governing ACC3
- Apply and complete the ACC3 EU Aviation Security Checklist during validations
- Conduct validations of regulated agents and known consignors in third countries where required
- Apply suggested best practice and lessons learned during previous validation trials
- Complete the validation report, to be submitted to an EU Member State for ACC3 accreditation
- Minimize your validation costs by maximizing efficiency
- Organization and responsibilities of an ACC3/RA3/KC3
- Security program requirements
- Recruitment and training
- Database requirements
- Cargo acceptance procedures
- Cargo screening requirements
- High-risk cargo or mail
- Protection and security of air cargo
- Documentation requirements of air cargo security
- Compliance to air cargo security programs
- Basic rules and application of validation techniques
- How to complete an EU Aviation Security Report and checklist with commentary
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Independent Aviation security professionals with a background in air cargo security and supply chain who wish to become EU Aviation Security Validators.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% in Exam A and 80% in Exam B. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher on both exams.