Accounting and Finance for Non-Finance Managers (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 48 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course is designed to provide (non-finance) managers with a solid understanding of the financial and accounting processes that you will encounter in your everyday work. Through case studies and class discussions you will gain the knowledge to view your company from a financial perspective and be taught accounting terms and concepts to help you manage financial matters with confidence.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPH-44
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and use specific financial vocabulary
- Apply accounting techniques
- Understand financial reports, including annual reports
- Identify limitations of financial statements
- Financial accounting
- The financial view of the firm
- Content of financial statements
- Accounting rules
- Accounting standards and their impact on accounting data
- Balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows
- Recording transactions in 3 financial products
- Recording transactions in ledger and journal
- Preparing trial balance
- Chart of accounts
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Business unit managers
- Junior finance managers
- Accounting team managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.