Airport Privatization and Transfer of Ownership (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Improve your overall understanding of the required actions and complexities involved in the transfer of airport operations or ownership from government entities to private sector investors and operators.
During this 3-day course you will learn about seller and buyer activities involved in the privatization process, including long term concessions, leasing agreements and the sale of shares. You will be able to identify business opportunities by understanding which elements are attractive to potential investors, the most appropriate financial models, risk analysis, bid management and offer delivery.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPG-63
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airports as businesses.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Spain, Madrid (IATA)
26 - 28 July, 2023
Register before 25 Apr, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 05 Jul
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 171885
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how to plan for and navigate an airport ownership change
- Identify the key points and main objectives so appropriate focus and resources can be allocated to each element of the process
- Appreciate the areas of risk and potential mitigants on both the seller and buyer side of the transaction
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Definition of Privatization
- Private airports
- Seller activities
- Market assessment
- Legal structure
- Buyer activities
- Consortium formation
- Offer delivery
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals requiring a good overview of transfer of airport ownership
- National Aviation Authorities
- Professionals involved in projects with focus on Airport Investments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.