Airport Privatization and Transfer of Ownership (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Improve your overall understanding of the required actions and complexities involved in the transfer of airport operations or ownership from government entities to private sector investors and operators. During this 3-day course you will learn about seller and buyer activities involved in the privatization process, including long term concessions, leasing agreements and the sale of shares. You will be able to identify business opportunities by understanding which elements are attractive to potential investors, the most appropriate financial models, risk analysis, bid management and offer delivery.
Course Code: TAPG-63-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airports as businesses.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
14 - 17 March, 2022
Register before 12 Dec, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 21 Feb
All prices are before tax. Class no: 146456
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
16:00-18:00 & 19:00-21:00 Beijing/Singapore
12:00-14:00 & 15:00-17:00 Dubai
10:00-12:00 & 13:00-15:00 Geneva/Paris
8:00-10:00 & 11:00-13:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss how to plan for and navigate an airport ownership change
- Identify the key points and main objectives so appropriate focus and resources can be allocated to each element of the process
- Appreciate the areas of risk and potential mitigants on both the seller and buyer side of the transaction
- Definition of Privatization
- Private airports
- Seller activities
- Market assessment
- Legal structure
- Buyer activities
- Consortium formation
- Offer delivery
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Professionals requiring a good overview of transfer of airport ownership
- National Aviation Authorities
- Professionals involved in projects with focus on Airport Investments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: